Friday 31 March 2017

The Witch of Portobello .. By Paulo Coelho



Paulo Coelho is one of the few writers who keeps surprising us with his amazing stories, not to mention his absolutely wonderful writing and different styles of narration in each of his books.

The Witch of Portobello is again a very mystical and psychological story about a mysterious gypsy girl with psychic powers who frees herself from conventions of the society and is killed in an attempt to bring her ideas of God being mother into this world. The story of her life is narrated in the form of interviews with different people who has known her throughout her life.

I had my doubts when I first started reading it because it felt a bit philosophical. However, I was quite literally surprised to find this book curiously unique and one of a kind. The story was very different and the thing that I liked most about this book was the interesting blend of mysticism and storytelling. 

I would most definitely recommend this book to the readers who are looking for some fresh story and has a taste for some philosophical musings.

Happy Reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment